Prospere Trust continues to build on the success of Chorlton High School as an outstanding ITT provider by leading & developing the MTSA School Direct course. Secondary training places are available across a range of subjects with placements at CHS, CHS South, MEA and MEA Central.
WHy School Direct?
School Direct enables graduates to develop close links with schools as well as receiving academic and University support whilst training to teach at Secondary level. You’ll join a team of staff committed to delivering the highest quality learning and teaching to children in Manchester. You can immerse yourself in school life from day one. Your mentors will support you fully, using innovative training to enable you to become a resilient, successful and fulfilled professional who can make a difference.
HOW DO I BECOME A QUALIFIED TEACHER?
Working in partnership with Manchester Metropolitan University, the award of Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) and 60 Masters credits is given based on how well you have met each of the teaching standards. Evidence gathered to substantiate each of the standards comes from all assessments, assignments and observations completed during your training.
Please see the Manchester Teaching School Alliance website for details on the UCAS application process.
School Direct Prospectus
Why choose MTSA School Direct?
- Innovative training models to develop resilient, successful & fulfilled professionals who make a difference
- Structured input on pedagogy with leading Universities
- Outstanding support from highly trained mentors
- Trainee networks & collaborative learning opportunities
- Placements in Manchester Schools
Our Initial Teacher Training Vision:
We will change lives by developing passionate, inspiring, energetic & outstanding professionals who are:
- Dedicated to relentlessly pursuing success for our children
- Resilient, caring, emotionally intelligent role models
- Lifelong learners fulfilling their own potential
What makes us unique?
- Alliance training sessions uniting a large trainee network across Manchester regularly throughout the course
- Training from Outstanding practitioners working in inner city contexts
- Formal collaboration opportunities with other trainees to engage in research & development of your classroom practice
- Cross phase training experiences throughout the course (KS1- 5)
- Outstanding mentors supporting every aspect of your professional development
- Residential training experience developing your emotional resilience, mindfulness and happiness